Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Is this couple really different from other couples?

Now is the winter of our season..is that a song? I really don't know, but for some reason that phrase keeps going through my head. What does that mean really...that we are in the end days of our life and looking towards the light? I hope not. I hope it means that no matter how old you are, life ebbs and flows and right before it gets better...it is darkest....the winter of that season...
Hopeless romantic?? Maybe?

This is kind of how I see the current situation with Gina and her cute little Shriner Man...a time that was dark for both of them and is now moving forward to a spring awakening. I am happy for them, but at the same time somewhat apprehensive. Unfortunately, my close friends have not been in this situation before...so where does one go to seek advice on "how to deal"????

What I have determined is that a google search does, as one might think, have a plethora of advice out there..join with me as we explore the wide and wacky world of parents dating.

Disturbing I know....but they do offer some good tips on how to bag the older babe....

1) Know your goals: this will help you choose the right cougar

2) Do your research:

3) Know how to please a woman......WAIT this is my mom we are talking about!

4) Use a.......
okay movin on....let's face it....Gina might be a cougar..but cute little Shriner Man would not exactly be considered a pup....

Closer I suppose...

1) Most seniors are not looking to "Shack up"
Yikes I am sensing a theme here.......movin on

1) How to say I Love you in 100 Ways

2) Dating and Seducation Tips for Women
ahhhh...keep on movin on

Okay...so what have we learned here? Probably more then I would have liked....but I certainly can see that a persons age is just a number and that dating rules seem to be the same for all...so... Is now the winter of our season......more like April Showers bring May flowers... good grief...movin on.....

1 comment:

  1. At least she will be busy. Maybe she can write a book about her adventures, or appear on an upcoming TV show segment, or create her very own blog, with you as her Social Media consultant!

    BTW, your "Dating and the Elderly" link is broken.

    http://theinformedhiker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete