Monday, January 25, 2010

Wait! I'm the Daughter....



I love a rodeo...and the Brawley Cattle Call is one of the best in the state of California....the horses, the cowboys, wild horse racing....what is not to love??? I mean really.....now add in a bunch of Shriners and the night is complete. I may not have mentioned this, but my family has a long tradition of belonging to the Masonic Organizations, especially the Shrine...so it is not unusual that I would have been in the desert on a November night getting ready to go a rodeo...in fact it has been a fun filled Shrine kind of day....a big parade...a bar-b-que and ice cream social...they even threw a guy in the pool...so you can imagine that I am really looking forward to what kind of trouble these guys could get into.....

"When you have a minute...I would really like to talk to you"...not something I was thinking I would hear at the rodeo...well maybe I was hoping I would hear it....but from a cute cowboy.. :)

Shoot...I say a bit casually..maybe too quickly...I am looking into the sweet face of a Shriner...really where could this be going?

"Well..I know your father just passed away...but I am in love with your mother..and I would like your permission to date her..."

Cute little Shriner say WHAT?????

"I really am deeply in love with your mother...and I would like to date her."
Wait...what does one say to this question? Is there a manual?

Now, while I don't know the answer to those questions...I can give you four points on how to react to this question:
1. DO NOT freak out!!!!!
2. DO NOT laugh uncontrollably
3. DO NOT freak out!!!
4. Be gracious and pick your words carefully...

Ahhhhhh...sure...that would be fine......just have her home by midnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment